Wednesday, June 30, 2010

blood milk

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Blood Milk is a jewelry designer (her name is J.L. Schnabel if we're splitting hairs here, and I rather enjoy her blog, which I discovered yesterday) based out of Philiadelphia whose collections at the moment are divided into several themes: Catholica Melancholia (lots of immaculate hearts, which, given my catholic school education at a school of the same name, I'm slightly less attracted to - bad memories and all), Surrealism, Ritual, and Victorian Mourning (my personal favorite).
I like her stuff because it hits the aesthetic I love while still being delicately wrought, unlike Pamela Love's jewelry, which I actually dislike in a lot of cases because it is so bulky and looks roughly hewn (which in my mind is the antithesis of jewelry). But Polyvore won't allow me to import photos from Etsy, because it's essentially just a huge marketing platform, fine, I get it. So, Pamela Love becomes the default jewelry in a lot of things, even though I'd probably never wear her stuff. Partially because it's so grotesquely overpriced.
I digress. Anyway, Blood Milk does some cool pieces, at reasonable prices. So check out her Etsy shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment