Friday, September 25, 2009

iris van herpen

Here's the thing about Iris van Herpen: I don't really know a damn thing about her. But I LOVE her work. Although I'm super weirded out by the masks. Too much like gimp hoods. (Egh remember that awful scene in Pulp Fiction?)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

SS 08: Fragile Futurity

This is SO much cooler than the Wangster's slit stuff out right now. I'm sorry, but REALLY. This is my favorite of her collections. The perfect allusion to the ribcage while being so much more.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This is all made out of leather and brass. I really like the skirt on the dress to the left.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
FW 08: Chemical Crows

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SS 09: Refinery Smoke


Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
FW 09: Mummification

Dear God, look at the lacing on these. It's all leather, which somehow makes it so much more impressive.


And after all of these photos, I still haven't managed to capture half of what she does (including some interesting work with chain). Oh Iris.

No comments:

Post a Comment