Monday, June 29, 2009

nicht schlimm

Slim Barrett has apparently been an extremely influential jewelry designer who until recently I'd never heard of. He apparently helped Karl Lagerfeld to develop silver wire thin enough to be knitted (very cool) and was influential in spreading the use of the tiara, especially among brides (not so cool). Among his collections was a period of chainmail work:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

An EXTREMELY crappy photo I took of a book, intending to find it later on the internet. Couldn't manage to locate it, so this will just have to do.
British Elle, 1990

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The same piece from the photoshoot. If I was a patient person, which I am not, I might try to make one myself.

A few other pieces from his chainmail collection:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

source: slim barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment