Friday, June 12, 2009

we'll meet again

I know that everyone else has already blogged these, and that I've even commented on those posts, but I don't care. I love these and I'm putting them up too. I've never really paid much attention to Christopher Kane, to be completely honest. I mean, obviously I noticed the howling monkey dresses, no one could miss those. His resort 2010 collection is so perfect those, just like the closing shots of Dr. Strangelove, one of my favorite movies. It only took 45 or so years for it to make it into fashion from Kubrick, but I welcome it eagerly. I wish I could afford one of these, because they are guaranteed to be collectors pieces. Investment dressing to the extreme.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


If you want, you can see the video of the ending to Dr. Strangelove on Youtube. I heard somewhere once that Ronald Reagan, upon entering office, asked to see the War Room - invented by/ featured prominently in Dr. Strangelove - which of course didn't/doesn't (?) exist.
source: fashionologie

No comments:

Post a Comment