Friday, November 6, 2009

mi piace

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm in love with these rings by Aoi Kotushuiroi. They remind me a lot of the pieces by Imogen Belfield that I posted about ages ago. Both artists have created rings that remind me of stone outcroppings - uneven jagged edges protruding from a softer matrix. In a way they also recall the studding mania that has had us all in a vise grip for months, but in a fresher, less distinctly 80s way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This last piece on the right is by far my favorite, which is surprising because it seems so much less dynamic and raw compared to the other rings. It's a little more constrained, and in a way looks like the encrustations of barnacles on the hull of a ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment