Monday, January 25, 2010

the slow introduction of color

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

from top left: natalia brilli necklace, vpl insertion bra, alexander wang sunglasses, helmut lang cotton moto jacket, lanvin tulle and pearl ring, repetto oil slick flats, proenza schouler metal cuff, delfina delettrez rubilie stone hand ring, marni top, givenchy brooch, nicholas kirkwood x rodarte heels


I tried on that Helmut Lang jacket at Bloomingdales about a week ago, right before I came back from break and I nearly swooned in the dressing room. It is so soft, the collar draped perfectly (not pictured), it was like a hug from Herr Lang himself. But it's also $400, so I parted ways with it with quiet grace and dignity. BUT THEN I found a fairly similar black version, also by Helmut Lang, for about 25% of the price, so I went for it. I am most pleased.

Anyway, everything else pretty much speaks for itself. Yves Klein blue leather-covered necklace? Delicious and would look fetching on top of one of my many all-black ensembles. VPL bra? Sure, why not. P.S. their stuff runs TIGHT in the chest. Delettrez hand ring? You had me at hello. Lanvin tulle/pearl ring? It kind of looks like an opulent bird's nest, and it's made from a somewhat non-traditional (although not for Alber Elbaz) jewelry material, so yes, I'll take it. The Proenza arm cuff looks like slightly modeled asphalt, which I love, I'll wear anything Givenchy and spiky, and I pine for Rodarte and Kirkwood to such a degree that I make myself slightly ill.

I can't promise anything more than a thank you note in return, but if you're feeling generous, my wishlist is above.

No comments:

Post a Comment