Friday, October 22, 2010

a few things i liked

Okay, so I didn't hate absolutely everything at fashion week. I liked these things:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Well no surprise here: Proenza always does really interesting glasses, and I find these particularly intriguing for some reason. I love me some round glasses, and aviators, and these are the best of both. And I dug the red eyeliner at Derek Lam, though it could have been a wee bit less pink. As someone with goth friends, I'm no stranger to putting red eye makeup on, and this looked very classy and chic (unlike some of my own dabblings).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Phillip Lim

Jesus, could this have BEEN any more perfect? It's the right size, and it looks like an uber-fancy yet understated laptop/ipad case, but cooler (and more expensive). I wonder if it was actually designed just to be a handbag or if it has some other function I'm not aware of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Well aren't these stiletto numbers a bit of a departure for our old friend Alber. Seriously, I expect chunky heels from Lanvin, not these terrifying (yet awesome) steel monsters.

I actually haven't really done much investigating into the accessories from Spring 2011, but from a few internet roundups, these are my favorites as far as makeup, shoes, and accessories go.

No comments:

Post a Comment