Sunday, October 3, 2010

unhealthy fixation

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Persol 714's, Adam cropped cable knit sweater, Proenza dress, Ann D. lock ring, Lanvin deer brooch, Proenza dress, Lanvin earrings, Kiki de Montparnasse bra, Rachel Comey underwear, Nars lipsticks in colors I don't know the names of, Lanvin ballet flats, Dolce & Gabbana oxfords (which we are pretending are really black), Marni socks, Lady Grey cuff earring, Kiki de Montparnasse bloomers, Nicholas Kirkwood heels, Lanvin owl brooch

I want these two Proenza dresses (but especially the green one) so badly that I physically ache. So if I could afford them, in fantasy land, this is how I'd style them (but really I'd just wear them with black tights and Converse). The black and white dress is more of a 50s cut and the black/blue/green one is more 20s, so I would try to keep the styling in line with those decades. I'd still probably pair the green dress with the lacy underwear, even though that's more of a 50s cut. I'd throw in the Lady Grey and Ann D jewelry to take the costumey edge off of it - same with the Kirkwoods. If I wore either of the Lanvin brooches, they would probably go on top of a Burberry Prorsum peacoat, like this one:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I can't seem to find any really 20s-style coats, single breasted, wide collars and cuffs, but if this Margiela fur thing were fake fur, then I could see wearing that with either of these dresses.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anyway, I'd wear the black and white dress with the Persols and a super-tight, cropped sweater with the collar of the dress poking out. The Kirkwoods & patterned black and white Lanvin flats I'd throw on over black stockings and then add either the Lady Grey earrings (or maybe just one?) or the Ann D. ring. I'd wear the brighter red lipstick with it, for night I guess. As for nail polish, depending on how I styled it, I'd go with something like a deep red, light grey, black, or a shimmery purple color.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As for the green dress, I'd wear either the Lanvin flats or the D&G oxfords, which we are pretending are black, with it over tights and either the Lanvin earrings or the slightly tougher pieces. The berry lipstick probably wouldn't look that hot on me, but it looked great on the runway. I'd do this dress probably with black, dark green, maybe the purple color from above, maybe a wine colored red instead of the lip color.

So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment