Thursday, February 11, 2010

bora aksu

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
At left, two looks from Fall 2009, at right two from Spring 2010

I don't know how Bora Aksu has managed to escape my attention thus far, but I am officially enthralled. His work came up in a search I did for patterns (I've become obsessed since purchasing two patterned tops), and although I wouldn't call these pieces patterned in the traditional sense, I was compelled to investigate further.

I pretty much love everything. The laced shoes, the knitwork, even the leggings on the pieces from Spring. The first look is my favorite, I love the heavy inverted triangle at the neck, which looks to be corded or laced, and how it moves down to meet up with the tulle at the skirt. I suppose it could be said that it has a peculiar visual effect on the bust, making it look slightly low, small, and spherical. But you know, I'm into it. I'd wear it in a heartbeat.


source: nymag

No comments:

Post a Comment