Friday, February 12, 2010

more 3as4

ThreeASFOUR's Spring collection was based largely on the dot drawing series by Yoko Ono, who I can't lie, I've always sort of dismissed as an artist. But these patterns are beautiful, and I haven't seen the original drawings, but I'm charmed. The runway show itself was a bit of a performance art piece, with the models successively cutting a spiral garment off of the first model to appear. I quite like the idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Photos of the studio while the Spring collection was under works


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ono's drawings were reflected back in the makeup on the models

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The shoes are the one of the most interesting parts of the collection to me - the combination of what are essentially stripper shoes with interesting bands and straps across them in black fabric, leather, and god knows what else.

No comments:

Post a Comment