Tuesday, February 23, 2010

winter white, part I

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Preen Fall 2008, Rue du Mail Fall 2009, ThreeASFOUR Fall 2009, Haider Ackermann Fall 2008

There's nothing fresher, to me, than an all-white outfit. As someone who wears all-black, the allure of crisp whites, and the textures they show (as we all know, a lot gets lost in black on black) is undeniable. I've been trying to wear more white all winter - which is somewhat easier in California, given that the weather really never drops far below 60. My main point of struggle is bottoms. I kind of hate white pants. They look so ... ugh gauche. They look like Vegas in the Summertime to me - worn with some kind of hot pink, sparkly halter top and spangly jewelry. Maybe the answer is in Rue du Mail's suggestion of light gray pants (which I could definitely get behind). I also lack a solid white coat. I have a cream cashmere blazer, but that would clash with all my other whites. I think mismatched whites would look almost worse than unmatched blacks (I struggle with this often). I have some white dresses, but I find them frighteningly transparent. I have to just keep trying, and stop buying black. (Oh no!)

source: style, nymag

No comments:

Post a Comment