Monday, April 27, 2009

house of dagmar

I find it almost irritating how good the Swedes are at fashion and indie music. Acne, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair, the Sounds, the Radio Dept., they all just make me want to punch someone for being so talented, except for the Sounds, who just make me want to dance. I've had these pics from House of Dagmar's Fall 2009 runway show in my inspiration folder for what feels like months now. Looking at these, I don't know how anyone would ever feel the need to wear color again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I love the up-do and the complete lack of color in their faces. I too am of the pallid-skinned, so I love anything that makes us look glamorous and not just peaked. I also like the sheer trousers, which are a bit like leggings, except that I don't hate them. Actually, they're nothing like leggings at all, which is entirely why I love them. That and the sheer fabric.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I wish I could pull off the head-scarf thing without looking like someone's overfed Babushka.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The last look is my very favorite, something about the combination of short, tight trousers under a dress with the funny cardigan/cape and chains just looks so right. So, new mission is to channel this very chic-granny styling. Wear lots of mushroomy colors, make long chain necklaces, and lose 20lbs so that I can pull off bangs.

source: coutorture

No comments:

Post a Comment