Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I don't know how I first heard about complex geometries, but for months (as in before Christmas) I have been aching inside over several of their pieces. The first items I saw were their hood dresses/tees/tanks and I was immediately smitten. But I know myself well enough to know that I would never actually wear the hood up, and it would all be a waste on me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

And then, (or maybe it was at the same time but I didn't notice?) came the binder tee. Whenever I look at it I feel sick with shame that I did not buy it when I had the chance. I had some credit over at Oak, but I kept thinking, I'll just wait until I'm back in New York and buy it in the store and then no shipping charges. And when I finally got there, it just never happened. And I was binder tee-less. I could have still bought it online, but no I dithered. And dithered. And finally made up my mind to buy it, and it was gone. I would say Never Again! but I know I'll do the same thing again, and soon. I keep making the same fashion mistakes over and over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

But I did pick up this split square tee, which looks rather promising. I plan to wear it every day of my trip in hopes that when I'm forced to sit through countless slideshows of my own vacation photos I at least look stylish in them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

But I'm also kind of lusting after this shirt. Mostly the one on the left, but the camisole has an intriguing neckline. Like wearing a scarf, essentially, but unlike certain someones who wear keffiyehs not advertising to the world that I fucking suck.
It all looks very tie-dye/bleached which is all over the place right now and is making me hesitate. But it's cheaper than the Alexander Wang shirt from the last post and I want it. But Reborn, in spite of their well-edited selection, have not been easy to order from in the past. I could call them, but the thought of expending the effort is tiring me right now. What to do...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I also noticed when I was on the site that the Fall 2009 looks are up, and for some reason, they're just not speaking to me as much this time. Maybe it's because the pieces are more seasonally-appropriate (or at least styled in such a way) and you lose the interesting shapes and textures and folds, but I'm just not as excited as I want to be. These are the two looks I like best, and I do like the gray dress, the neckline looks cool (I think that there may be another picture of it on the site in a different configuration). Actually, it might be a short-sleeved dress with the sleeves pulled off and wrapped around the neck somehow. I like the volume on the look on the right with the narrow sleeves, it's vaguely Owens-y. Perhaps I'll warm up to them over the next few months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

sources: complex geometries, reborn, complex geometries

1 comment:

  1. Hey, so hope you liking your top - question: how is CG sizing?
    Feeling similar, F09 didn't make same impact as the previous one.

    ReplyDelete