Thursday, April 30, 2009

When Camille posted pictures of Damir Doma's Fall 2009 line I immediately began to plot quietly about how I might get my hands on one of those braided scarves. Or how i might make one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Except I couldn't figure out how to make the braiding frame the edge of the scarf without some complex series of cuts and some kind of french braiding technique. I don't have any fabric up here to experiment with, so I had to put it aside.

But then I noticed while perusing Seven New York's wares, that they have a version of the scarf available which is essentially just a triangle with the ends braided, so DIY plan back in the works.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The question remains, what fabric to use? I like the idea of some kind of raw silk, but obviously that wouldn't do much to keep me warm. In any event, I'm tempted to use a cream color so that it looks very skeletal like that first photo.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, silk is light weight and really warm, warmer than cotton, and may even be comparable to wool of the same weight, but as a DIY try with some cheap fabric first and it looks like, the second one at least, is made of a knit fabric so a medium weight jersey knit cotton looks like it would work well.

    ReplyDelete