Sunday, April 26, 2009

pleasure principle

I had a missed connection with this pleasure principle shirt from which I may never recover. I discovered only too late that it was on sale at Reborn. Of course I could have done like Camille and several others have done, but the nature of my current living situation precludes me from any kind of creative endeavors at the moment (read: dorm).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Months later I saw this dress at Seven New York and later Zana from Garbage Dress posted about it so I ran over to Harputs in SF and bought it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At the time I agonized about it being a size large, but in the end I'm glad they didn't have smaller sizes as it might break obscenity laws for me to wear anything shorter. The dress also comes in black and white, which is still available at Harputs. Actually, it was the black and white version that I had originally intended to buy, but polka dots are a daunting sartorial choice and I just prefer black.

I wanted to wear it styled a la Charles Anastase in his Spring/Summer 09 collection, largely because I lack the nerve to actually rock the mini-crini look:


Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But as yet I have no thigh-highs, garter things, and tiny black lycra shorts with which to complete this vision, so as for now I'm wearing the dress with a simple black tank/slip thing.

sources: reborn, seven new york, style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment