Thursday, April 30, 2009

Salvor Projects make the coolest geometric graphic prints. For the most part patterns make me uncomfortable because they announce themselves so loudly, but these are all very low-key. I saw these scarves last year but never got a chance to buy one. I love love love them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Their current scarves are equally as swoon-worthy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The eye scarf reminds me of a photograph I saw in Vogue probably five years ago of a bloodshot eye with several dozen too many layers of mascara on. I liked it so much I put it on my bulletin board. What can I say, high school was rough.

They make bags and wallets also:
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I saw one of these wallets in the pattern of the larger bag at Pas de Deux in January, but alas, I did not purchase it. Instead, I spent the money on drinks at White Star.

They also produce some, dare I say, rad clothing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Salvor SS09 and SS08 dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

The two dresses on the right are some variation on the eye print, I think. What's more amazing is that the dress on the left is their interpretation of argyle. Yes my friend, the print on every WASPs' socks from here to West Egg has been reinvented into the unequivocally awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I don't know what's going on with the print on the left. I have a sneaking suspicion that it is actually an optical illusion of some kind where if you stare at it long enough you see the face of Captain Crunch or Jesus or something. And I'm certain that if I were on acid and I saw it I'd be transported to another dimension.

source: salvor projects

No comments:

Post a Comment