Saturday, May 2, 2009

mo' polyvo'

I spent all day at the library yesterday and then all night working on polyvore sets.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sunglasses: Karen Walker, Top: Acne, Blazer: Rag & Bone, Shoes: Jil Sander, Jeans: Genetic Denim, Ring: Iosselliani, Belt: Keerstin Wintrup, Clutch: Bird, Earrings: Bing Bang


A Note about Shoes: I don't really like shoes. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'd much rather be barefoot. Consequently I wear sandals almost exclusively, and I essentially refuse to wear heels. There are so few occasions on which I am willing to sacrifice my comfort to look taller and more feminine, and so few occasions on which heels are mandatory, that I never wear them. What's more, a large part of my aesthetic is trying to look androgynous, and I feel heels detract from that ambiguous, sexless look. No one is going to mistake me for a man, but still.
So, what that means is when I make these sets and it comes time to insert shoes, I'm completely lost. I read Jak & Jil like everyone else, and I can appreciate the shoes featured on it, but since the idea of wearing heals is anathema to me, I can't really work them into an outfit without feeling like I'm faking it, and not very well. So what I'm saying is, if the shoes I choose are awkward, you now know why.

1 comment:

  1. this is really cute. I really like the glasses and the jacket!

    ReplyDelete