Tuesday, May 5, 2009

poor erin wasson

She's really just never going to live it down:

NEW YORK – Supermodel Erin Wasson purchased two seats for this year's Met Ball, and many attendees at last night's event were shocked at her choice of plus-one. Last week Wasson revealed to WWWWD her plans to bring Willie, a 42-year-old former crack addict who currently resides in a recycling bin outside her Venice Beach home. "Willie embodies the freedom of fashion," Wasson said. "He is totally unaffected by consumer influence because he has no money to buy shit. He dresses to feel good, and is always reinventing his look with whatever he finds. It's crazy." Willie was at a loss for words when WWWWD spoke to him behind a Sonic Burger on Abbot Kinney Boulevard. "When Erin told me about the ball I couldn't believe my ears," he said. "A whole ball? No one buys that much." Wasson sees this year's gala as an opportunity to give back twofold. "Fuck man, how could I not take a guy who eats my garbage and treat him to a Cinderella moment, you know?"

From WWWWD, which I have to admit, is pretty fucking funny. I'm not industry enough to get all of the jokes, but still, gotta love it. You can view the most recent newsletter (from today) here.

I do like Erin though; I went to her garage sale and bought a bunch of stuff and she chatted with my mom while I went to the ATM in a breathless panicked frenzy. We all say stupid things at one point or another, or in my case, daily. I'm tired of everyone getting offended all the time. Like Tommy with the "Japs" thing on Jak & Jil. Is it just me or do Americans love feeling Righteous Indignation more than anything else?

In any event, Erin looked good last night:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She's wearing Phi, a label that I really like and that is extremely difficult to search for on ebay (thanks for Alpha Phi Pink or whatever the fuck Victoria's Secret).
(edit) Plus, you have to respect anyone who wears pants to Anna Wintour's Very Special Fancy-Dress Party.

source: the fashion spot

2 comments: