Sunday, May 31, 2009

in stitches

I was at the Reina Sofia the other day and I saw a couple of pieces by an artist named Manuel Millares namely Pictography, Painting, 1957, and Painting 144. My dad came up behind me while I was looking at them and said, idea for tshirts? And he was totally right, the pieces I saw of canvas smeared with paint and ripped apart and then crudely stitched back together were inspiring. I can't seem to find any of the pieces I saw there online, but here are some others (unfortunately, which don't have quite the effect the others did).



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment