Wednesday, May 13, 2009

hint mag, part II

I think I may love the wallpapers more than the fashion. I feel oddly compelled to touch and taste it, although I am nearly certain it does not taste like snozzberries.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Ahhh, the Acne cage skirt that claimed the hearts of dozens of fashion devotees and blended them into a margarita by not going into mass production. It is pretty sweet.

The blurb that accompanies this editorial ("Happy House") quotes some Siouxsie Sioux lyrics and explains that they refer to an asylum. I'm definitely not getting the asylum vibe off of this as it's not nearly sterile, barren, and colorless enough to evoke institutionalization. Nonetheless, I like the textured, almost lush look of the spread as a whole, and in particular the black lipstick and green creme nail polish. Also the first outfit combines most of my favorite fashion elements: sheer tops, high-waisted, voluminous skirts, black, and the somewhat austere secretary/librarian look I tend to gravitate towards. Granted, my recent interests have all been drapey, unstructured garments, but I can't deny my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment