Wednesday, May 20, 2009

okay last post before bed

I can't help it, I've been deprived of my precious blog-research time lately. Katherine Sturgis' jewelry came out of making friendship bracelets for her friends. She uses thread, chain, vintage rhinestones, and hand-painted leather to make these pieces.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A tangle of her different pieces from the homepage of her website.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The colors of the thread can be customized and the intent is for them to wear out (in?) after a few years. I'm not the biggest fan of rhinestones but I think these are amazing. Uh-mazing. I'd love to try making something like this just to see the kind of work that goes into it.

So I really have to ask my friends, why haven't you made anything like this for me?!

source: katherine sturgis

No comments:

Post a Comment