Tuesday, May 19, 2009

friend is a four-letter word

Finals are almost over... By noon tomorrow I will be DONE. But I still have to finish packing, sooo here are some more photos of creepy jewelry that only I will enjoy. It's cool. Loner in the real world, loner in the virt world.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Rib Cage and Spine Necklaces, also from Lillian Crowe, from Etsy. She does some other cool pieces, including an anatomically-correct heart pendant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And when you put them together... you get a substantial portion of the skeletal system! I think this would make an AMAZING friendship necklace set. Very literal in its "you complete me" message.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Another friendship necklace set, this times halves of a human heart. I'm not a fan of hearts as a motif in general, but I'm all up on this one. By Bittersweets NY (of Vamp Ring fame).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Noose and Guillotine Friendship necklace sets from Screaming Mimis.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DNA/RNA friendship necklaces from Etsy. A liiiittle too geeky for my taste, plus as a humanities major I'd feel like I was selling out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tooth-ship necklaces from this lady's flikr set. I know, I know, desist with the teeth. I think it's a cool idea though.

There are of course cute versions out there, and I don't mean just the multitudinous split-hearts, but PB&J sandwiches, etc. Basically you can take two similar or identical necklaces and put them together and poof, friendship necklaces. Of course, there's really no point in me getting a friendship necklace set if I don't really have a BFF to wear them with. I'm not sure my BFF is down for the matching necklaces, so I'll leave this one alone...

Anyway, here's more stuff from Bittersweets, because I like me some dead stuff:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maggot Charms - I would actually wear a charm bracelet, maybe, if someone gave me these.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Earthworm necklace and ring. I kind of wish it came without the diamond, because I'm too poor for that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Heart with dagger necklace in which the dagger can be removed and hangs down. Maybe when I go through the crushing agony of a breakup I'll buy myself this. Just for fun, not as a promise of retribution or anything...

sources: etsy, bittersweets, screaming mimis, etsy, flikr, bittersweets

No comments:

Post a Comment