Monday, May 4, 2009

which shoes?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gary Graham leather jacket, Hope Merry cropped t-shirt, J Dauphin gold necklace, Iosselliani pendant necklace thing, Marios Schwab leather sandals, Etro gladiators, Ann Demeulemeester sandals, Pamela Love cuff, and, most importantly, Philip Lim skirt.

Phillip Lim's designs are generally a little too feminine for me, but when he does it right (i.e. according to my particular aesthetic) it makes me weak in the knees. [Side note: I'm beginning to wonder if I haven't replaced romantic relationships with a tortured lust for clothing?] A lot of people are playing around with the idea of athletic gray sweatshirts and how to dress them up/make them more interesting - par example, Alexander Wang's version, which I love from the front, but am not quite as enamored of the back. Phillip Lim's take on classic athletic heather gray is easily the freshest of the lot, and I want it. I want something that could potentially be described as having ruffles (wtf).

I also have to admit that I'm liking the return of crop-tops. I'm not advocating a return to the 90s custom of perpetually-bared midriffs, but frankly most of my shirts are so long I could sit on them. Whenever I contemplate wearing a pencil skirt my pool of tops shrinks drastically because so many of them are too long or too lumpy to tuck in. Of course, I'm not going to go out and buy a cache of cropped shirts, I'll just cut some down to size and re-hem them. As soon as I re-learn to operate a sewing machine. Actually, I could just buy American Apparel's scrimmage shirt, which I've been eyeing for a while, on TrendyBlanks and be done with it.

So anyway, which shoes? I'm leaning towards the Ann D's myself.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad crop tops are back too, though I never thought I would be saying that. The gladiator shoes are #1.

    ReplyDelete