Thursday, May 21, 2009

nova dando

I've had this site bookmarked for like what, a year? two? So I finally went back to take a look at it, and holy fuck Nova Dando makes cool shit. Here's an interview Dazed Digital did with her back in the day. She's a designer from North Wales, she DJs, she's probably cooler than me. All I really need to know.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is her Fall 2008 Disco Collection. The lookbook for her Spring 2009 collection, Disco Part II, isn't up yet, but from the looks of Part I it's completely perfect. How much do I want a lace crop top?! A LOT.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I love these skirts that are essentially just loops of fabric hanging off a belt. I super duper love this oversize sheerish sweater/dress of indeterminate fabric. And I quadruple love the sculptural top on the right that looks like it's knit from bits of plastic. I have no idea what any of this is made from, but I'm hot for it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Look #10 looks like a fisherman's net made of electrical tape. DIY to the maxxxxx.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

What is the hood on the right made out of? and where can I buy it? Actually, Nova's stuff isn't easy to come by and the only place she seems to sell it is at Mandi Lennard's studio, whoever and wherever that might be.
Look #11 is so perfect I want to die and be buried in it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Of course, I also love these structural dresses that look like the frightening hoopskirt support made for me by my grandmother to hold up my 3rd grade Halloween costume when I went dressed as Scarlett O'Hara in the curtains dress. Another year I wore this gem from the movie. What can I say, I've been a badass since day 1.

When Part II/SS09 is up I will most definitely be posting more pictures.

source: nova dando

2 comments: