Wednesday, April 29, 2009

kria

I was on La Garconne earlier and noticed that Kria, who makes the bone necklace I posted a couple of days ago, does a couple of other cool pieces:


Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I like the vertebrae a lot. Less tiresome than the traditional femur bone. Still pretty creepy. One of my favorite stores, Paxton Gate, in San Francisco has little bowls of animal vertebrae among the collections of naturalia on display. I didn't buy any... but my friend did. Actually, Paxton Gate sells jewelry cast from bones and shells also, but I don't know who the designer is.

You can get multiple vertebrae also, and have a row of two or three around your neck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Tiny vertebrae and wingbone necklaces. The name Kria apparently comes from a predatory bird, which is quite appropriate. S/he (they?) also do a number of pieces cast from branches, but I'm much more interested in bones at the moment. Sorry about the egg borders, the photographs are from their website.

source: kria

No comments:

Post a Comment