Thursday, April 30, 2009

maybe i'm just getting stingier

but what the fuck is up with prices these days?! I feel like I'm paying in pesos half the time. I checked back at Oak at that Ideeen top and decided that I might need the dress version, seen below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

It's a cute dress! Very much my style (no color, cinched at the waist, unencumbered by sleeves), but come on man, $400? It's just rayon. The tank is more than $200 and a version of the dress with sleeves and a sash is almost $500. Maybe I've just been buying things used for too long, but seriously? Maybe it's just that there's no realistic promise of finding these on sale as you would with a lot of Alexander Wang pieces. Plus with more obscure designers, it's less likely that I'll find one at a consignment shop. I can bide my time for years waiting for the right price.

Ok, bitch sesh over, but I'm not buying this dress unless I get it at least 50% off. I can live without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment